Here are some recommended fall & winter maintenance tasks for homeowners and landlords. Completing these projects annually during the fall & winter can protect your home against the need for costly last-minute repairs.
- Test your heating system to ensure that it is working efficiently, if not, have it serviced as soon as possible.
- Clear gutters, leaders and drains of leaves and other debris, to ensure proper drainage.
- Check roofs, parapet walls, skylights and roof hatches for leaks and repair as soon as possible.
- If you have a working chimney, get it cleaned and checked for any cracks in the flue.
- Repair cracked any concrete platforms, walkways, sidewalks, stoops and driveway, to prevent water penetration and additional damage to building foundation.
- Check all exterior building walls for damages; siding, stucco, brick, and repair as soon as possible.
- Insulate all exposed copper piping, throughout house, including cellar.
Want to learn more? Take our Home Maintenance Training Course!
Check out our calendar and enroll in the next Home Maintenance Training Course and learn how to do home repairs such as basic plumbing and carpentry, installing tiles, changing locks and many more. Level 2 courses are also available for those who want to learn how to do more advanced repair jobs. Do it yourself and save!