To start the application process for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance, you will need to make an appointment to assess your eligibility for the program. Please read and follow the instructions below.
- Sign up online. Appointments are only available online on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointment slots are limited to funds available. NOTE: Appointments CANNOT be made by phone.
- The number of available appointments matches the currently available funds. Once these appointments are filled, the only open appointments will come as a result of a cancellation. No waiting list will be kept—buyers should check the registration site frequently for any new availability.
- Submit the two required documents below (a and b) within 24 hours of making your appointment. You may also submit the optional documents (c). Documents must be submitted to Lift@nhsnyc.org. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE EMAIL. Failure to submit these documents within 24 hours or incomplete documents will automatically cancel your appointment. You will need to be able to submit electronic copies of the following documents:
- Mortgage Preapproval from a NeighborhoodLIFT Approved Lender (REQUIRED)
- Signed purchase and sale agreement, 1st, 2nd and signature pages (signed by all parties) (REQUIRED)
- Homebuyer education certificate, if it was completed within the past 12 months (note: successful completion of the eight-hour HBE course is required prior to closing)
Your lender or real estate professional may be able to assist you with submitting these documents online.
- We will confirm scheduled appointment requests within 48 business hours from receipt of all documents. You will receive an email accepting the scheduled date and time—the email will state that your “appointment was accepted.” This is NOT a confirmation of your eligibility for the program.
- If you fail to submit all required documents within 24 hours, your appointment request will be cancelled. If you submit only partial documentation, your appointment request will be cancelled. You will receive an email letting you know your appointment request was cancelled.
- Attend your appointment to confirm eligibility either virtually or in person. In advance of your appointment, you will receive an email from Pamela Cherry at NHSNYC via a service called Share File. The email will provide you with instructions on how to upload the documents that will be used to determine your eligibility for the program. Please be sure to upload all of these documents 72 hours prior to your appointment. If you fail to attend your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled and you will be required to schedule a new appointment if/when appointments become available.
- You will receive a NeighborhoodLIFT Eligibility Letter if you meet the eligibility requirements and your required documentation is confirmed. This typically happens within three business days of your Eligibility Determination Session.
- Your lender must submit all required documents to NHSNYC no less than 14 calendar days prior to your closing date. Your lender may submit documents to NHSNYC as soon as your appointment has been confirmed.
For more information, please see our FAQ page.