Emergency Loan Programs – Step 3: The Loan Process

If your Loan Officer determines that you qualify for the loan, instruct your contractor to submit directly to your NHS Loan Officer their license, Liability Insurance and Workers Comp Insurance. Upon approval of your loan, your Loan Officer will notify you of the closing. At the closing you will agree to the repayment terms of the Emergency Loan and authorize NHS to pay your contractor on your behalf from the loan proceeds. When your contractor has completed the work, NHS will perform a final inspection. Once the NHS Construction Services department indicates that the work is complete and the borrower signs off on the payment, the contractor is paid 90% of the project costs. 30 days later the contractor will receive the remaining 10%.